I think we've nailed the perfect skinny margarita recipe using kitchen staples. It's extremely fresh - there's no sugary syrups or store bought liqueurs. This cocktail really highlights the freshness of the lime and has a little sweetness from honey. Hope you enjoy!
Time: 3 minutes / Quantity: 1 margarita
As always, you want to use fresh, quality ingredients.
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1tsp of honey - a little squeeze will do
- 2oz of premium blanco tequila - Espolon is our favorite
- High-grade sea salt (optional)
- Serving glass
- Spoon or stirrer
- Cocktail shaker
- Slice a lime wheel or wedge for garnish.
- Squeeze remaining limes into cocktail shaker. Add lemon juice, honey, and tequila -- no ice.
- Stir well to incorporate the honey.
- Add a cup of ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until the mixture is cold -- about 15 seconds, you're trying to get it cold and create a little foaminess.
- Optional - Salt the rim of serving glass.
- Strain cocktail into serving glass over ice.
- Garnish with lime wheel.